Wingwalking Experience – Terms & Conditions
These Terms are governed by and constructed in accordance with English law. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning any matter arising from these Terms.
AeroSuperBatics Limited is the supplier of all experiences that appear on www.aerosuperbatics.com & www.gowingwalking.com
When you purchase an experience or redeem a voucher from AeroSuperBatics (or book/redeem a voucher provided by an external provider), you become bound by the Terms and Conditions detailed.
You may fly if you are:
- 18 years old or over (no maximum age applies).
- No taller than 6ft 2”/188cm.
- No shorter than 4ft/121.92cm.
- No heavier than 14st/89kgs.
- Have a waist measurement including layers of warm clothing and a jacket of no more than 40 inches/102cm.
- Are able to climb completely unassisted up to and down from the top wing of one of our Boeing Super Stearman biplanes. This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft/3m, involving a high leg lift up on to the bottom wing and another high leg lift to get over the side of the cockpit, kneeling and pulling yourself up using the various struts and wires to get on to the top wing.
- Are able to withstand the strong wind pressures experienced while flying at speeds of up to 120mph.
- You have not suffered from any of the following conditions: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction. If you suffer from these conditions but are regularly monitored by your doctor and the condition is medicated and under control, then you can fly with us. If you have any concerns at all regarding your health, fitness and ability to wingwalk, then we ask that you consult your doctor.
Before flying, all participants must undergo a Safety Briefing and thereafter complete a ‘Safety Standard Acknowledgement, Next of
Kin, Self-Certifying & Indemnity Form’
Please contact us in advance if you have any questions or concerns about safety or the eligibility of participants.
The prices displayed on www.aerosuperbatics.com & www.gowingwalking.com are correct to the best of our knowledge and are maintained regularly.
All prices, packages, promotional or otherwise, may be removed or changed by AeroSuperBatics at any time.
Merchandise, Photos & Video downloads
AeroSuperBatics may offer a number of optional extras on the day of your experience, such as our clothing range, merchandise and video downloads.
There is a video camera mounted on the top wing which is directed at the wingwalker. This will capture unique images of the person on the wing, including varying backdrops of the ground below and the sky above. This is an optional extra available for purchase on the day.
Although extremely rare, our video system (as with all technology) could be subject to unforeseen faults. The wingwalker will have the opportunity to view their video before purchasing. Once view and purchased, the video is non-refundable. If a fault occurs with pre-paid videos, a refund will be given.
Most body-mounted cameras are not suitable (including helmets and head-cams), however participants are welcome to bring along any cameras and mounts/harness for the pilot to assess the suitability. Hand held cameras are not permitted due to the risk of them falling and causing damage.
Vouchers codes must be presented on the day of your flight.
Where voucher codes are not presented, full payment will be required before flights may be taken.
Flights must be booked and flown before the expiry date. Our flying season takes place on selected weekdays from March to October and on occasional Saturdays.
Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months. They can be transferred to another person during this time at no extra cost as long as they meet the correct criteria (age, weight, height, medical conditions).
On payment of the total fee for your wing walk, you are covered by Third Party Liability Insurance Policy of up to £50 million. A summary of the policy including details of the personal accident benefits is available on request.
Failure to show up on the day will result in you forfeiting your wingwalk.
We offer wingwalking experiences on selected weekdays throughout in March to the of end October. Our main line of business is displaying at air shows and events, so we offer weekdays that fit around the team’s air show schedule.
Wingwalking for Charity
You may use your wingwalking experience to raise money for charity if you wish. All bookings are charged at the advertised rate. Any fundraising for charity is completely independent from AeroSuperBatics and the sole responsibility of the fundraiser. If your charity can get a group of people together who want to do a sponsored wingwalk then you can have private use of the airfield for the day. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- It is important that wingwalkers arrive wearing fitted clothing. The wind chill can be quite cold so warm layers are ideal plus a coat without a hood.
- Please wear trainers or soft grippy-soled secure shoes that fully cover the whole foot.
- The wind force is incredibly strong so no loose articles or clothing are allowed.
- For those with long hair we recommend tying it back or plaiting it securely. You will also be asked to remove all jewellery.
- We provide goggles, ear plugs and (optional) flying overalls.
- Small-framed glasses can be worn underneath our wingwalking goggles, although if they do not fit comfortably then you will have to fly without your glasses as it is not an option to fly without wearing the goggles.
- Contact lenses can be worn during flight.
- During the Spring and Autumn months we would recommend bringing a warm pair of secure gloves.
Alcohol must not be consumed on the day of your wing walk. If you are considered to be intoxicated from the previous evening, you will be denied your wing walk. In both instances you risk forfeiting any monies paid.
If you have booked a date for the wingwalk, please note it is subject to the weather conditions. We check the weather the day before the flight and contact the wingwalker if we need to postpone it due to bad weather. This will normally be between 3pm – 5pm the day before the flight. If the weather is not suitable we will have to rearrange the flight to another day that suits both you and AeroSuperBatics. The pilots will also assess the weather conditions before each individual flight. We reserve the right to postpone any flight if the pilot feels the weather has deteriorated resulting in unsafe flying conditions for wingwalking.
Your pilot will be responsible for the final decision as to whether you are able to make the wing walk.
We will not perform aerobatic manoeuvres (loop the loop etc) for first time wingwalkers as we do not know how the wingwalker will react. If you would like a more adventurous ride the pilot can tailor the flight and can include steep dips and dives, wingovers and banked turns. Alternatively, if you would prefer a more sedate flight, that is possible too.
Once you have performed your first flight on the wing you are qualified to request aerobatics – please mention this at time of booking and provide a booking reference of your first flight. Under certain circumstances a second, aerobatic, flight can be made on the same day as your first.
If you make a booking on the phone or via our website, you are confirming that you have read and are accepting our terms and conditions. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on +44(0) 1285 831774.
AeroSuperBatics are unable to guarantee a flight time. Your booking time is the time the wingwalker is required to arrive at the airfield for their safety briefing. The time of flight is determined on the day of arrival. Please allow at least 3 hours at the airfield.
For standard bookings with more than 7 working days’ notice, you may reschedule your flight within the voucher valid date. No charge will apply.
For standard bookings with less than 7 working days’ notice, you may reschedule your flight. A charge of £50 per experience will apply.
If you fail to arrive for your flight, are late for your safety briefing or fail to reschedule your flight within the timescale above, your booking will no longer be valid and you will not be entitled to a refund.
AeroSuperBatics vouchers are non-refundable.
If you know you will be unable to take your flight you can transfer them to another person. Please advise AeroSuperBatics of the change of name and criteria as stated on the application form.
AeroSuperBatics will extend your voucher by 12 months. A charge of £50 per experience will apply. AeroSuperBatics must be informed of the required extension 3 months before the voucher has expired. Your initial voucher will be void and a new voucher will be issued.
AeroSuperBatics cannot provide refunds on vouchers bought through third parties. In these circumstances refunds are subject to the policies of the third party and we would advise you to make contact with them directly.
AeroSuperBatics are unable to reimburse travel, accommodation or any other expenses you may incur in relation to the cancelled experience.
AeroSuperBatics cannot be held responsible for any items lost and is unable to compensate under any circumstances.
AeroSuperBatics operates a free viewing area on the airfield and spectators are welcome. You and your spectators must be made acutely aware that RFC Rendcomb Airfield is an active airfield and aircraft movements will happen at any time without prior warning, therefore we must make you aware of the following:
- Guests must remain within the designated spectator area at all times.
- Young children must be under constant supervision at all times.
- Dogs are welcome but must remain on a lead.
- AeroSuperBatics will not be held responsible for the possessions or the safety of spectators who do not abide by the safety rules in place across the airfield.
- Please advise AeroSuperBatics if you intend to have more than 10 spectators.
Please also be aware that:
- Spectators need to arrive at the time of the wingwalkers safety briefing to avoid missing the flight. AeroSuperBatics are unable to delay a wingwalking experience to wait for spectators.